Education & Training Partners
Professional Surveyors Canada Education Partner Program is designed to connect our members with relevant industry education partners who offer preferred rates, specialized training and education products and services to land professionals across Canada.
Underground Facility Locator (UFL) Training Program
Locate Management Institute’s 3-Step Underground Facility Locator Training Program
Locate Management Institute’s Underground Facility Locator Training Program adheres to CAPULC’s Underground Facility Locator 3-Step Competency Cycle. Our program includes:
1. Knowledge development (preferably industry specific) course(s). Our knowledge development courses include:
- Petroleum Advanced Line Locating (PALL) – for locating Petroleum Producer’s facilities.
- Transmission Advanced Line Locating (TALL) – for locating Transmission Pipelines facilities.
- Utility Advanced Line Locating (UALL) – for locating electric power, gas distribution, and telecommunication facilities.
2. Industry specific field training (hands-on, OJT and practical).
- Petroleum Advanced Line Locator Field Training (PALL)
- Transmission Avanced Line Locator Field Training (TALL)
- Utility Advanced Line Locator Field Training (UALL)
Please select a field training location from the drop down list.
3. Initial assessment (verification of skills and knowledge).The Underground Facility Locator’s Field Task Competency Manual (UFL Manual) represents the third and final stage in the UFL Competency Cycle. The competency cycle and the UFL Manual are endorsed by the Canadian Association of Pipeline and Utility Locating Contractors (CAPULC). A Certificate of Completion is issued after the courses is completed.
List Price $900.00 per person
Upcoming field training dates are:
Grande Prairie, AB – November 3&4
Lloydminster, AB – November 7-8
Edmonton, AB – November 9-10
Four Point Learning offers courses, seminars and webinars using blended learning methods and technologies. Our goal is to deliver high-value knowledge and practice for Land Professionals across Canada while ensuring ease of access and flexibility. Four Point Learning further supports current and aspiring Land Professionals in staying at the leading edge of property, title and boundary law by:
– Publishing The Boundary Point, a free monthly e-newsletter which provides case comments on decisions recently released by Canadian courts
– Organizing an annual conference on topics of interest to surveyors and lawyers; and
– Partnering with major academic institutions to deliver discipline-specific courses.
Current Continuing Professional Development opportunities include:
– Survey Law Issues in Recent Court Cases
– Risk Management in Searching for Boundary Evidence
– Electronic Survey Plan Registration for OLSs
– Boundary Lines, Fences, and Encroachment Disputes
– Third Party Liability in the Release of Old Survey Plans
– Integrating Aboriginal Interests with Fee Simple
– Complex Cadastral Problems: Searching for Solutions
– Easements: Update and Refresher
– Waterfront Properties in Ontario: Best Practices for Resolving Title & Boundary Issues
– Boundaries of Public Highways: New Developments and Practices
– Enhancing Parcel Title by Re-Thinking Parcel Boundary
– Linking Parcel Title and Parcel Boundary: Improving Title Certainty
– Parcel Title and Parcel Boundary: Where Lawyers and Surveyors Meet